Welcome to All Saints’
All Saints’ is the parish of the northern part of the city of Dunedin, New Zealand. The parish includes North Dunedin, Ravensbourne and Leith Valley. The parish community is lively, inclusive, multi-generational and Anglo-Catholic. Built in 1865, All Saints’ is the oldest church still used as a place of worship in the city. The church backs onto Selwyn College, with which the parish has a long and close relationship. All Saints’ is the closest church to the campuses of the University of Otago and the Otago Polytechnic.
Sunday masses are at 8am and 10.30am. The 8am mass uses the 1662 BCP liturgy and is said.
The 10.30 mass uses the 1989 NZPB liturgy and music is led by a choir of Selwyn College students and the organ. Sunday School for children of all ages is offered during this service. This mass is followed by lunch. On the first Sunday of the month at 10.30 we have Family Mass.
At 9pm we have a contemplative service with Taize music; this congregation is mostly students.
Everyday Evening Prayer is said at 5.30 except Sunday and Wednesday and Meditation on Friday at 5.30pm.
On Wednesdays from 9.30am until 11am we have our baby and toddler group in the front hall. At 5.30 there is a mass (2nd Wednesday in French, 3rd Wednesday with prayers for healing and anointing with oil, 4th Wednesday in German).
The parish branch of the Association of Anglican Women meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 11.30.
Our beautiful church is open all day, every day, as a place for prayer and quiet reflection.
You are very welcome at any events or services at All Saints’.
For more information on booking the church for an event such as a wedding, please see our 'Groups' page.
WEEKLY SERVICE TIMES
|Wednesday|| 5.30 pm||Evening Eucharist|
|Sunday|| 8.00 am||Eucharist (Book of Common Prayer)|
| 10.30 am||Sung Eucharist|
| 9.00 pm||Sundaynight@AllSaints|
» More details and other meetings held at the church
- Wednesday 25 March, 6.30pm: The Annunciation of our Saviour to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Sunday 29th March: Palm Sunday. 8am Mass, 10.30am High Mass with procession. 12.30pm - Dunedin North Anglican Parish AGM at St Martin's Church, North East Valley.
- Fruit and vegetable co-op. To register and / or volunteer please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 150TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS 2015: The following events will be held in our parish next year. For further information please contact our parish administrator on (03) 479 2212 or email@example.com.
- Sunday, 19 July 2015: 10:30 a.m. Building Up and Building On – a celebration to commemorate the completion of the original part of the building. Followed by a celebration lunch in the Parish Hall.
- Saturday, 31 October 2015: 6:00 p.m. All Souls’ Day Mass followed by Dinner [details to be announced].
- Sunday, 1 November 2015: 10:30 a.m. For All the Saints – Patronal Festival celebration. Preacher: Most Rev. Philip Richardson, Archbishop of New Zealand.
- The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is offered in the parish for children aged 3-12. The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd gives children the opportunity to grow in love and knowledge of God. It is rooted in the Bilble, the liturgy of the church and the educational principles of Maria Montessori. Children gather in the 'atrium' (the Max Smith Room), which contains materials they use to help them absorb the essential proclamations of the Christian faith. Children work with the catechist to wonder, to explore and to find answers for themselves. To read more about the Catechesis visit: www.cgsusa.org. Sessions are on Tuesday at 3.45pm, during term time. If you are interested to know more, or want to enrol your child, please contact the Vicar.
- Wednesdays 9.30-11.30pm, Baby and Toddler playgroup.
- Mass in French, 2nd Wednesday of the month @ 5.30pm. Messe en francais, mercredi a 17h30. Everyone is welcome, bienvenue à tous!
- Mass in German, 4th Wednesday of the month @ 5.30pm. Gottesdienst auf Deutsch, Mittwoch um 17.30 Uhr. All herzlich willkommen!
- All Saints’ is on Facebook!
Check it out on our Resources page.
- All Saints' car parks & halls are available for hire. Please contact Nicki our parish administrator on 479 2212 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pastoral care If you would like a pastoral visit for any reason please contact our Vicar on 477 8300.
- Confessions by appointment with any of the clergy in the parish.
- Prayer and Spiritual life. If you would like to speak with someone about your prayer life or spiritual direction please speak with Fr. Michael. You might like to visit these prayer websites: www.sacredspace.ie
- Diocesan Overseas Mission Representative, is Fr. Ivica Gregurec.
Ivica can be contacted by email at email@example.com
- The Anglican Communion News Service has launched their new website: www.anglicannews.org